LifeGroups are weekly meetings of smaller groups and are one of the most powerful vehicles for growing into all Jesus has for us. This acronym outlines our core goals:
- Loving acceptance
- Increasing maturity
- Fullness of community
- Equipped and Empowered for mission
LifeGroups are continuing to connect and support one another during the COVID-19 Lockdown. We would love to have you join us in one of our online LifeGroups!
- Software: Whether you’re using Zoom, Google Hangouts, Skype etc, ensure you’ve all downloaded the software, registered and test-run the software.
- Be prepared: Leaders should ensure they’re familiar with that week’s LifeGroup notes and that the group has caught up with the sermon.
- ‘You’re on camera’: Make sure you have sufficient lighting (people want to see your face) and that you are centered on your screen.
- Location: Choose a quiet room where you’ll get the least amount of interruptions.
- One device per household: This helps you avoid latency issues as well as microphone feedback.
- Leaders lead: Whoever is leading or moderating the group should be welcoming and manage the conversation. This will require asking specific people to speak and directing the conversation. Have some agreed-upon cues (like lifting your hand) that the group can use if they want to speak.