We are so glad that you have decided to check out Riverside Community Church. We are a community of people growing into all God has for us and the world. We believe God invests His presence into His church! Lives are changed, community is shaped and Jesus is seen to be glorious.
- In the original Scriptures of the Old and New Testament in their original writings as fully inspired of God, and accept them as the final and supreme authority for faith and life.
- In One God, eternally existing in three persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- That God created man in His own image, that man sinned, and thereby incurred the penalty of death, both physical and spiritual, that all human beings inherit a sinful nature which issues (in the case of those who reach moral responsibility) in actual transgression, involving personal guilt.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, a substitutionary sacrifice, according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- In the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, His ascension into heaven, and His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
- In the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the priesthood of all believers.
- That all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become children of God.
- In the Resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the redeemed, and the eternal banishment of those who have rejected the offer of salvation through Jesus’ blood.
- That the one true Church is the whole company of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit; that the local Church on earth should take this character from this conception of the Church spiritual, and therefore that the new birth and personal confession of Christ are essentials of Church membership.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ appointed two Ordinances – Baptism and the Lord’s Supper – to be observed as acts of obedience and as perpetual witness to the cardinal facts of the Christian faith; that Baptism is the immersion of the believer in water as a confession of identification with Christ in burial and resurrection; and that the Lord’s Supper is the partaking of bread and wine as symbolical of the Saviour’s broken body and shed blood, in remembrance of His sacrificial death, until he returns.
- That God has ordained marriage as a heterosexual relationship between a natural man and a natural woman.
Riverside Community Church exists to:
- ROOT people in Jesus Christ,
- CONNECT in Community,
- GROW in serving others
- & REACH out with Truth & Love
· FOR THE WORLD · FOR THE KING ·
Stephen Pohlmann, Craig Wilcock